The Bedlington viaduct was constructed in 1930 by the London and North Eastern railway company.
During the early part of its life the bridge carried passenger traffic but has always been more widely used by the line taking coal from the mines to the port at Lynemouth. The bridge is being re-strengthened with rivets replaced by Balfour Beatty. Circa 40,000 TCBs have been installed.
Photo by Jonathon Hurley