Tension Control Bolts Ltd are the largest stockist of property class 10.9 weathering steel TCBs globally.
All Weathering Steel TCBs from Tension Control Bolts Ltd are:
- Weather resistant assemblies in accordance with EN 1090-2:2018 section 5.6.6
- High strength structural bolting assemblies for preloading, System HRC
- Property class 10.9/10
- Manufactured in accordance with EN 14399-10
- CE and UKCA marked in accordance with EN 14399-1
- Available in M24 and M30 diameters in multiple lengths
Weathering refers to the chemical composition of these steels (also referred to as COR-TEN steels) allowing them to exhibit increased resistance to atmospheric corrosion.
This is because the steel forms a sacrificial protective layer on its surface when exposed to the elements and therefore the requirement for maintenance is reduced. In other words, the steel surface is allowed to rust in order to form the protective coating.
Though occasionally used in high rise buildings and sculptures, our Weathering Steel TCBs are most commonly specified in the bridge market.
If you are at the design stage of connections please align to M24 and M30, as these bolt diameters are carried as stock items.
To request a quote or for more information about our products, please contact us.