- The Knostrop Footbridge during constructionShow Full Screen
- Decks clamped together with TCB'sShow Full Screen
- Side view of the footbridge Show Full Screen
- The completed footbridge approachShow Full Screen
- Deck detailShow Full Screen
- TCB's in use on the bridge deckShow Full Screen
Fabricated by SH Structures this bridge is part of the Leeds Flood Alleviation scheme and TCB’s were used to splice the bridge deck sections together. The bridge has very slender plate column supports and the decks were clamped either side of these with TCB’s.
Cover plates were then installed and welded before the deck was given its anti-slip surface treatment.
(Images courtesy of SH Structures).